So i just completed my umpteenth make-up workshop for performers this past Sunday (aren’t they GORGE?!?!) and wanted to share with you a few of our “AH HA!” moments.
Here are my fav 5 findings from Sunday:
1. Don’t be afraid to get your brush/applicator dirty. Meaning, when applying color really dig into it. Sop the brush with color so that it transfers just like the palette to your eyes.
2. DO NOT FEAR THE FALSIES! i repeat! DO NOT FEAR THE FALSIES!! False eyelashes will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. And i have 10+ women who will (now) totally back me up on this.
3. You are never too old to play in make-up. i had one women on Sunday who was in her late 40’s and was just now using + learning how to apply eyeshadow. You are never to old to find your brand of glam. Period. And don’t ever let any one, magazine, tv show, or jaded family member (or friend) tell you otherwise.
4. Make-up is not an “apply once and your done” art. NOPE! It’s like any other color based medium. You paint, assess and then reapply, blend, darken as needed or until you feel it’s perfection!
5. Once you learn the shape of your face it will totally revolutionize your make-up.
Number 5 is THE holy grail of make-up advice. It is THE key to perfecting ANY make-up look – from natural to drag. Knowing your bone structure, the amount of space between your lid + brow bone + eyebrow is the magic to learning + applying make-up like a pro.
“But how do i get to know the shape of my face,” you ask?
Answer: Roll your sleeves up, turn on some glamming tunes, grab a glass (or bottle) of wine, get your make-up out and start playen’ and painting gurl!!
Here’s to getting your hands and face dirty!
Love, light + lashes,