Otilia Aionesei by Ryan McGinley
“There is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost.” Martha Graham
We are our own unique and special fingerprint.
A once in a lifetime opportunity.
A brilliantly lit superstar orbiting this planet.
It’s all there . . .
We just have to remember we were born to shine.
But having lived most of my 20’s looking for the light switch, i know how hard it can be to try do that.
And as we “grow-up” we forget how to see magic – and how to see our own brightness.
We forget we are special. We forget we are a unique prism of light.
So i curated this special list in hopes of rekindling my memory and yours. May it serve as an everyday reminder that we are all a one-of-kind masterpiece.
1. You are a miracle. Think about it: right off the bat, you beat out a bazillion other sperm to make it to the center of just the right egg – not to mention everything else that needed to be exactly the way it was to make you. Seriously, what are the odds? 1 in 102,685,000 to be exact. You’ve already won the lottery just by existing. You’ve already won at the game of life. You are a fucking miracle. You are proof that magic exists . . . now, what are you going to do with your specific brand of magic?
2. You are made of stars. It’s a scientific fact. A whole galaxy lives inside you. You were born to shine your light and fly through the sky. So what’s stopping you?
3. Your dreams, aspirations, and desires are all your own. They are an eclectic mix of who you’ve been, who you are, and where you are going.
4. Your experiences. And the way in which you filter them through the lens of your life . . . what you are living is truly one-of-a-kind. It is a combination unique to you. How fucking amazing is that?
5. Two people can be looking at the exact same thing, yet still see something totally different. Your perception is your unique blend of your complex personhood, your experiences, and beliefs.
7. Your sky imprint is all yours superstar! You are cosmically unique. Why? Because no one on this planet has the exact same birth chart as you do. Even if you born at the exact same time as someone else (yep, twins i’m looking at you) your location, time zone, hemisphere, etc. all vary.
8. Every.single.thing about you is uniquely your own. Your genetic code. Your DNA. 8b. Your fingerprint. 8c. Your hair follicles. You are a living and breathing bundle of haute goodness. The question you need to ask yourself is not just if you see it, but do you feel it? Do you feel your specialness in everything that you do? Every morning that you wake up? In every email you answer? Do you feel and act like the miracle that you are?
9. This . . .
“To be a person is to have a story to tell . . . Within each of us there is a tribe with a complete cycle of legends and dances, songs to be sung.” ~ Sam Keen
It’s time to tell your story. To sing your song. To create your legend.
It all begins at one.
It all begins with you.
Love, light, and embracing your uniqueness,