The 10 Most Fun & Obscure Facts About Me Ever!
Shssh! Don’t tell anyone 😉
1. i opened up for Lady Gaga in 2007 right before she hit it big. She was on a gay bar tour and performed at S4 in Dallas, TX. My group, SOMETHING FABULOUS!!! Dallas’ first queer performance troupe, was asked to open for her, we did, and it was epic!
2. i won Best Actress in our 8th-grade version of the Oscars.
3. i’m a Clairempath. Strangers come up to me all the time—at the bar, in waiting rooms, and other random places, and tell me their deepest and sometimes darkest stories. i never judge. i just always listen and intuit whatever (if anything) needs to be said.
4. The only thing i’m truly afraid of is dying before the miracle happens.
5. i toured with the Bob Marley Festival in the late ’90s as a Polynesian/Tahitian dancer. As a 17-year-old, i got traveled the country spreading peace, unity, and one love. BEST TIME EVER!!!
6. i have been in love with the night sky since i was 5. My father would take me in our backyard, set up the telescope, and teach me all about the constellations and planets. It’s why i gaze up at la luna and the night sky every night and why i love astrology so much.
7. i looooooooooove paper, pens, and notebooks. Like, back-to-school time in August is my favorite time of the year, especially the after-the-fact sales. And don’t even get me started on the smell of books…
8. i never wanted to go to college . . . until i did at 24. i made the decision when i found out i could do college my way—be a sponge for knowledge, relish in learning, and not worry about the end result being ‘a higher paying job.’ In 2000, i got a BA in Dance. And in 2012, i recieved my MA in Multicultural Women and Gender Studies.
9. i don’t wear or own a pair of pants or jeans. i haven’t worn jeans since i was 18 and the only ‘pants’ i wear and own are leggings or athletic wear. Pants are waaaay to constricting for me. Don’t like ’em.
10. i started my writing career by self-publishing a book of poems when i was 14. The ‘about the author’ page will tell you everything you will ever need to know about me. It TOTALLY predicted what i would be doing now. Seriously. Read it.